Artist, Illustrator, Photographer, Writer, Thinker, Existentialist.



Thursday 10 May 2012

Slang King

These are the drawings of stained glass windows that I have produced for the Second Year exhibition at Dewsbury Museum, Crow Nest Park, Dewsbury. I did them in monochrome because colour isn't something that features heavily in my work and if it does it is very minimal. Although, looking at them, I am intrigued as to how they would look painted with gouache. As drawings I like the vast scale of them, they are the largest drawings I've ever done and I'd like to carry on producing work much bigger than I did before.

The stained glass windows were in response to the ones in the museum, I chose the stained glass windows because I've always been fond of them and they are the first things I notice when I walk into any church. The decorative and ornate features stand out much more prominently when done on lining paper with marker pen and biro.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment